Business Research Analyst
SHORT COMPANY DESCRIPTION
The KPI Institute is a research institute specialised in business performance. It operates research programs in 12 practice domains, ranging from strategy and KPIs to employee performance, and from customer service to innovation performance. Insights are disseminated through a variety of publications, subscriptions services, and through a knowledge platform available to registered members. Support in deploying these insights in practice is offered through training and advisory services.
The KPI Institute is considered today the global authority on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) research and education. It developed the first KPI Management Framework and operates www.smartkpis.com, the result of the research program dedicated to documenting and cataloguing how KPIs are used in practice, an online portal containing the largest collection of documented KPI examples.
- Flexible working hours;
- Young and enthusiastic working environment;
- A work environment that rewards innovative ideas;
- Fixed monthly rate and performance bonuses;
- 15+ years spent on researching KPI best practice;
- 220+ research reports published to date;
- 6 continents on which we deliver trainings;
- 35 global partner organizations;
- 59 countries where we delivered educational programs.
We expect you to
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Economic Sciences/ Business Management;
- Minimum 1 year experience in academic research or any type of research (applied research). Preferred experience in applied research, candidates who worked in market research organizations or survey studies, experience in consultancy or training companies
- Is able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing at a professional level;
- Has strong skills in operating Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point;
- Possesses superior skills in presenting and communicating, researching, planning and organizing.
- Has strong article and report writing skills;
- Has strong analytical skills;
- Can correlate different pieces of information and develop new content.
- Is able to work independently, but also as part of a team;
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, being able to identify potential services and products;
- Is a fast learner and is comfortable to work remotely with minimal supervision;
- Is attentive to details;
- Has a positive attitude towards challenging tasks, is perseverant and dedicated to producing high quality outputs;
- Appreciates feedback and is concerned with his or her continuous professional improvement;
- Looks for ways to optimize the processes he or she is involved.
Your main responsibilities include
- Researches given topics (domains or industries, mainly secondary research on internet, occasionally primary research)
- Centralizes research findings in a structured manner
- Analysis and synthesis of research outputs generated by himself/herself or by Research Assistants
- Gets familiar fast with industries or domains (specific terminology, players on the market and trends, challenges) which were not familiar to him or her priorly
- Documents KPIs on smartKPIs.com
- Shares ideas for new products/services in the team
- Develops comparative analysis of similar frameworks, models and toolkits (highlights common themes as well as particularity
- Develops and supports the Internal Consultants in developing the frameworks, maturity assessment models and toolkits
- Handles the formatting of all tools developed (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI, Word)
- Writes articles and shares content on social media (LinkedIn)
- Is involved in offsite consultancy under the supervision of the Internal Consultant
- Supports offsite consultancy with data collection & processing
- Responds to clients’ questions
- Creates training course content (manual, slides, exercises, tests)
- Assesses course participants’ assignments from Professional Certifications
- Customizes existing training courses to a specific industry or functional area