Instructional Designer and Learning Management Specialist
SHORT COMPANY DESCRIPTION
The KPI Institute is a research institute specialised in business performance. It operates research programs in 12 practice domains, ranging from strategy and KPIs to employee performance, and from customer service to innovation performance. Insights are disseminated through a variety of publications, subscriptions services, and through a knowledge platform available to registered members. Support in deploying these insights in practice is offered through training and advisory services.
The KPI Institute is considered today the global authority on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) research and education. It developed the first KPI Management Framework and operates www.smartkpis.com, the result of the research program dedicated to documenting and cataloguing how KPIs are used in practice, an online portal containing the largest collection of documented KPI examples.
- Flexible working hours;
- Young and enthusiastic working environment;
- A work environment that rewards innovative ideas;
- Fixed monthly rate and performance bonuses;
- 15+ years spent on researching KPI best practice;
- 220+ research reports published to date;
- 6 continents on which we deliver trainings;
- 35 global partner organizations;
- 59 countries where we delivered educational programs.
We expect you to
- 2+ years of experience working in instructional design, curriculum coordination, learning management systems or related field;
- Demonstrated experienced with learning management systems administration, structures, reporting and capability either as a LMS admin or leading LMS implementation, different platforms;
- Working knowledge of instructional design principles and learning strategies, including needs analysis, backwards design, learning outcomes and assessment design, and instructional approaches including lecture, discussion, activities, projects, etc;
- Working knowledge of adult learning theories and education methodologies;
- Moderate to high technical aptitude. Ability to sufficiently learn and understand technical products and concepts required to communicate and work with technical subject matter experts (SMEs);
- Experience in project management, with the ability to work on several projects one at a time, prioritize and organize tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts.
- Proficiency using standard Microsoft Office/Google Suite software such as word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Must demonstrate outstanding judgment and mature business skills with the ability to establish a strong rapport with staff at all levels within the organization;
- Excel in written and verbal English.
- Have strong communication skills both in writing and speaking;
- Be able to work independently with minimum supervision, but also as part of a project team.
- Excellent consulting, problem solving, and analytical skills with a detail orientation, but at the same time keep alive the big picture;
Employment type: External Collaborator/ Independent Contractor
Starting date: To be discussed after an interview
Duration: Undetermined period, with 3 months’ probation period
No. of hours: 40h/week
Working schedule: During office hours: 08:00 – 17:00 or 09:00 – 18:00
Your main responsibilities include
Building A Better EdTech Product
This is a hands-on role that will work on a multidisciplinary team and is expected to manage and execute various tasks and assignments that support product design, product development, and quality assurance activities.
- Create and maintain relationships and processes with relevant stakeholders in product development in order to inform and influence product design and development;
- Identify appropriate instructional strategies to efficiently meet product goals;
- Innovate and improve upon learning solutions to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of learning design and delivery;
- Collaborate/consult with Subject Matter Experts to identify key knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with learning objectives;
- Create design documentation that communicates learning objectives, content structure, assessment measures, and learning impact;
- Create prototypes, storyboards, scripts, course content, simulations, scenarios, assessments, etc. for learning solutions
- Establish best practices surrounding learning solutions development, including creating design templates and identifying opportunities to streamline the product development process.
- Deliver product awareness presentations to the sales team.
Convert our customers in-person/eLearning training materials into online microlearning/reinforcement programs activities and manage the implementation process of the Lerero system with the customer.
- Analyze client training materials to create a microlearning/reinforcement course suited for mobile delivery
- Formulate with client the microlearning/reinforcement objectives and determine the scope of the mobile reinforcement.
- Working with client subject matter experts to shape the microlearning/reinforcement timeline, create the microlearning/reinforcement course outline and write the content.
- Design learning activities, create exercises, practical activities, simulations based on training content, as well as learning assessment tools;
- Select or lead creation of media (audio, visual, interactive) that supports the microlearning/reinforcement objectives.
- Advise the client on the layout of the instructional material.
- Plan and write assessments (questions) to measure if the microlearning/reinforcement objectives are met.
- Professional project management skills required to lead and implement the strict deadline-based projects.
- Any tasks that might be required by top management or direct manager;