The KPI Institute is a research institute specialised in business performance. It operates research programs in 12 practice domains, ranging from strategy and KPIs to employee performance, and from customer service to innovation performance. Insights are disseminated through a variety of publications, subscriptions services, and through a knowledge platform available to registered members. Support in deploying these insights in practice is offered through training and advisory services.
The KPI Institute is considered today the global authority on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) research and education. It developed the first KPI Management Framework and operates www.smartkpis.com, the result of the research program dedicated to documenting and cataloguing how KPIs are used in practice, an online portal containing the largest collection of documented KPI examples.
We expect you to
• Hold a university degree preferably in business, consultancy, quality management or other similar disciplines;
• Previous experience with consultancy projects preferred;
• Possess superior skills in presenting and communicating, researching, planning and organisation, writing and reporting, negotiating and closing sales;
• Set priorities wisely, multitask, and dynamically solve complex problems;
• Be able to work independently with minimum supervision, but also as part of a project team;
• Be energetic, entrepreneurial, hardworking and persistent;
• Excel in written and verbal English;
• Be available for travel both at local and international level.