Technical Product Manager
SHORT COMPANY DESCRIPTION
The KPI Institute is a research institute specialised in business performance. It operates research programs in 12 practice domains, ranging from strategy and KPIs to employee performance, and from customer service to innovation performance. Insights are disseminated through a variety of publications, subscriptions services, and through a knowledge platform available to registered members. Support in deploying these insights in practice is offered through training and advisory services.
The KPI Institute is considered today the global authority on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) research and education. It developed the first KPI Management Framework and operates www.smartkpis.com, the result of the research program dedicated to documenting and cataloguing how KPIs are used in practice, an online portal containing the largest collection of documented KPI examples.
- Flexible working hours;
- Young and enthusiastic working environment;
- A work environment that rewards innovative ideas;
- Fixed monthly rate and performance bonuses;
- 15+ years spent on researching KPI best practice;
- 220+ research reports published to date;
- 6 continents on which we deliver trainings;
- 35 global partner organizations;
- 59 countries where we delivered educational programs.
We expect you to
We expect you to have:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- Previous working experience as a Product Manager/ Product Owner
- Minimum 3 years experience in the area of IT Business Analyst or Product Owner
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Experience with Waterfall or Scrum methodologies
- Detailed knowledge on SDLC and Business Analyst framework.
- Strong skills to write technical design documentation
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Proactive self-starter with self-motivated mind
- Strong get-things-done mind with a sense of ownership
Employment type: Independent contractor/ external collaborator
Starting date: To be discussed after an interview
Duration: Undetermined period (Permanent contract) with 3 months’ probation period
No. of hours: 40h/week
Working schedule: During office hours: 08:00 – 17:00 or 09:00 – 18:00 (8 hours a day)
Location: 100% Remote
Your main responsibilities include
Skills Mandate is a web start-up company activating in the field of skills development. Its goal is to provide online access to a database of training courses dedicated to both personal and professional development of individuals and companies at international level. Its goal is to become a worldwide courses aggregator, where clients can easily find the relevant educational resources in order to up skill their current levels of competencies. The software solution behind the web page will search in the database the adequate training courses for the particular areas of competencies that an individual / the organization wants to advance at.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Defining the Visions
- Define goals and create product vision, road-map for development projects
- Work together in scrum teams as the Product Owner
- Providing vision and direction to and responsible for communicating with stakeholders across the board, including clients, business managers, and the development team to make sure the goals are clear and the vision is aligned with business objectives
- Take accountability for software development of the services for clients, and be engaged in a whole process of development project (requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing/verification, deployment, operation/maintenance, troubleshooting)
- Managing the product backlog
- Create the list of backlog items and prioritize them based on the overall strategy and business objectives
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Map out project dependencies to inform the necessary sequence of development and make the list accessible and available to all stakeholders (particularly developers) to ensure optimized performance and project outcomes
- Prioritizing needs
- Juggle the triangle of scope, budget, and time, weighing priorities according to the needs and objectives of stakeholders.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Overseeing development stages and anticipating client needs
- Overseeing the actual development of the product, including planning, refinement, review, and sprint.
- Works with stakeholders to identify and organize the steps required for the next iteration. They will then meet with their team to refine the process, identify areas for improvement, and support the sprint
- Understanding and anticipating the client’s needs to more effectively manage the development process
- Acting as primary liaison
- Expert communicators, making sure there’s buy-in from stakeholders on all major decisions and strategy and clear instructions and deliverables for the developers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organizational and cross-border teams to integrate the service and system you’re responsible for with internal and external systems, platforms, and services
- Evaluating product progress at each iteration
- Accountable for each stage of the development process and the final product.
- Inspecting and evaluating product progress through each iteration.
- Makes the judgment call on the performance, deciding if the team needs to go back to the drawing board or they can move on to the next steps
- Always improve the design quality, code quality, testing quality, operation quality and system quality spontaneously